The key points in report are:
- Reserve Bank of NZ stability review says financial system risks have eased, but remain high
- Slower mortgage lending growth and house price inflation have reduced risk.
- RBNZ are to ease LVR’s from start of 2019:
- Banks able to provide 20% (from 15%) of new owner-occupier loans to owner-occupier borrowers with less than 20% deposit
- Banks able to provide 5% of new investor loans to investors borrowers with less than 30% (lowered from 35%)
- High debt and asset prices mean the global economy remains vulnerable to shocks
- High debt levels mean NZ households remain vulnerable to financial risk
- Recent slower mortgage lending growth has reduced financial risk somewhat
- Banks need to better manage their conduct risk and lend responsibly
- Longer term, financial firms need to manage risks from climate change
- Preliminary view that higher capital requirements are necessary
- Will reassess whether banking system has enough capital to weather future extreme shocks
- Domestic banking system remains sound
- Mortgage credit growth and house price inflation have eased to more sustainable rates
- The NZD is slightly higher in immediate response.
Current indicative levels are: NZD-USD 0.6780 / 0.6805NZD-AUD 0.9385 / 0.9410NZD-EUR 0.6000 / 0.6025NZD-GBP 0.5320 / 0.5345NZD-JPY 77.15 / 77.40 Please call for further information or pricing. Below is the link to the full RBNZ statement and report: https://www.rbnz.govt.nz/news/2018/11/reserve-bank-to-ease-loan-to-value-ratio-restrictions RBNZ Governor Orr will hold a press conference at 11am, followed by a testimony before Parliament Select Committee at 1:00pm today.
Please call for further information or pricing.
How much does your FX cost you?
We are partners of MSCNewsWire and assist many of their readers, partners and clients to manage their foreign exchange requirements more effectivly and effciently. Benefits that our clients receive include:
√ Better Exchange rates √ No TT fees√ Access to ur global payment network√ 24/7 online platform and a personal dealer
As NZ's largest non-bank FX provider and "The World's Trusted Currency Authority" we can quickly and simply provide you a Free and No Obligation alternative to work alongside your existing bank relationship.
If you would like to discuss please feel free to contact Doug Warren from the XE team anytime: