Hawaiian Airlines will have additional team members on hand to assist guests during the transition. From tomorrow, Friday 1 June 2018, and for the next couple of days, arrivals should keep an eye out for Hawaiian Airlines’ volunteers wearing purple Team Kōkua T-shirts in airport gate areas and lobbies if they need a hand with directions.
Here is what anyone arriving at HNL this Friday or anytime after that should know:
- Gates will be labelled with a letter followed by a number, from A13 through G10. See airport map for details of the renumbered gates.
- Each baggage claim carousel will be labelled with numbers instead of the current letter designations, B through H.
- International passengers will pick up checked bags at carousels 1-5.
- Guests arriving on Hawaiian Airlines’ interisland or North America flights will pick up checked bags at carousels 6-11.
- Terminals are also being renamed. The Interisland Terminal (from which Hawaiian Airlines operates) will be identified as “Terminal 1”; the Overseas Terminal as “Terminal 2” (for all other airlines); and the Commuter Terminal as “Terminal 3” (Mokulele Airlines). Terminal 3 will be located on the east end of the airport with access from Aolele Street.
New digital signs will be placed over roadways to direct motorists to airline lobbies and check-in counters.
In addition to giving the airport a fresh new look, the sign replacements are needed to accommodate planned expansions at HNL, including new concourses at each end of the airport.