- Liam Fox sets out ambitious new plan to make Britain a 21st century exporting superpower
- Government sets new ambition to increase exports as a proportion of UK GDP to 35%
- A government-led collaboration with business developed after extensive engagement with range of UK businesses
- Streamlined and targeted offer for businesses of all sizes, set to raise productivity, boost wages and protect employment across the UK
- Strategy set to help Wales become a world-leading export nation
International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox MP, will today (Tuesday 21 August) set out how the Government will make Britain a 21st century exporting superpower through better use of our overseas network, new online tools and building an extensive business to business network.
This comes as the Government continues to roll out sector deals as part of the Industrial Strategy, boosting jobs and growth in the areas where the UK has a competitive edge – now supporting the export of this expertise across the world.
Research shows that companies that export have increased growth potential, are more productive and have better paid jobs.
Last year £620bn of goods and services exported by British companies accounted for 30% of our GDP, with UK exports are at a record high. . . . . .