Nov 28, 2017 - FANUC CORPORATION, the world’s leading supplier of robotics, CNC and factory automation has announced the production of its 500,000th robot. “Automation and robotics are key drivers of manufacturing competitiveness,” said Mike Cicco, president & CEO, FANUC America. “More companies are using automation to overcome inefficiencies, lower costs, increase productivity, and gain market share. Having sold a half million robots is a key milestone for FANUC, and we’re looking forward to expanding our capabilities to keep pace with the growing demand for automation.”
In April, FANUC announced plans to build a new factory scheduled to open in August 2018. FANUC’s new factory will increase its robot capacity from 6,000 to 11,000 units per month.
“The backbone of FANUC’s success is our talented workforce – all automation professionals, including an expanding product development team based in Japan and the U.S.,” Cicco added. “In addition to highly qualified employees, we offer the most reliable automation products in the marketplace. Everyone at FANUC is very motivated and focused on designing the hardware and software that make our products easy to learn and use for all manufacturers, including the practical application of IIoT technologies.”
Recent examples of FANUC’s latest products include:
- The R-30iB Plus controller features a new iPendant with an enhanced screen resolution and processing capability. The user interface, iHMI, has an icon-based screen that provides a familiar and easy-to-use experience with intuitive guides for setup and programming. It also includes tutorials from the main home page that has a design common to FANUC CNCs, enabling easier use of robots.
- The FANUC Intelligent Edge Link and Drive (FIELD) system which provides advanced analytics and deep learning capabilities for FANUC CNCs and robots, peripheral devices and sensors used in automation systems.
- Zero Down Time (iZDT), an application that runs on the FIELD system, is built on the four basic building blocks of factory automation: Mechanical Health, Process Health, Periodic Maintenance and System Health to prevent unplanned downtime. It allows monitoring of real-time production information from connected devices, so a customer can take corrective action before any downtime occurs. As FIELD system and iZDT grow in the marketplace, FANUC will be able to help more customers with intelligent condition-based maintenance reminders and help optimize the performance and life of their robots.
- MT-LINKi shop floor connectivity suite of software. MT-LINKi is a fully scalable, out-of-the-box machine tool monitoring solution that can monitor, collect and manage data from one to one thousand machines. MT-LINKi monitors and collects operation and production data using a PC and an Ethernet connection. The software is set up to automatically collect a variety of data, including alarm history, macro variables and signal history, servo/spindle motor currents and temperatures, battery and fan status, feed rate overrides and more.
- The new seven-axis R-1000iA/120F-7B robot has a payload of 120kg and a maximum reach of 2,230mm. The additional axis allows the robot’s J2 arm to fold into itself, making it shorter and able to operate in very tight workspaces.
FANUC is also leading the effort to address the critical challenge caused by a shortage of skilled workers, and help change the perceptions of careers in manufacturing. Its Certified Education (CERT) program provides educators with a STEM-based curriculum centered on robotics and automation training. FANUC CERT automation training aligns with industry and national certifications to prepare students for high-tech careers in manufacturing.
| About FANUC CORPORATION
FANUC CORPORATION, headquartered at the foot of Mt. Fuji, Japan, is the global leader and the most innovative manufacturer of Factory Automation, Robots and ROBOMACHINE’s in the world. With 259 offices in 45 countries, FANUC provides world-class customer service and support. Since its inception in 1972, FANUC has contributed to the automation of machine tools as a pioneer in the development of computer numerical control equipment. FANUC technology has been a leading force in a worldwide manufacturing revolution, which evolved from the automation of a single machine to the automation of entire production lines. For more information visit: http://www.fanuc.co.jp/eindex.htm.
| About FANUC America Corporation
| FANUC America Corporation is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize productivity, reliability and profitability.
| FANUC embraces a culture of “Service First” which means that customer service is our highest priority. We are committed to supplying our customers with parts and support for the life of their FANUC products.
| FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Houston; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; Pontiac, MI; San Francisco; Seattle; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, and Manaus, Brazil; and Aguascalientes, Monterrey, and Queretaro, Mexico. For more information, please call: 888-FANUC-US (888-326-8287) or visit our website: www.fanucamerica.com. Also, connect with us on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
| A FANUC release || November 28, 2017 |||